The tax amount on your Assessment & Tax Notice is for taxes levied from January to December of the current year. The Town of Wembley Tax and Assessment Notice are mailed in May and are due by July 31st of each year.
FAILURE TO RECEIVE A TAX NOTICE IS NOT CONSIDERED SUFFICIENT REASON FOR NON-PAYMENT OF PROPERTY TAXES.
Yearly, Town Council approves the budget based on the expenditures required to maintain and expand services necessary in Town. From this total amount, alternate sources of revenue such as user fees and grants are subtracted. The balance of the operating budget will vary from year to year and so with the municipal tax rate.
The Town of Wembley accepts payment in the following ways:
- Pre-Authorized Tax Payments Simplify payment of taxes by budgeting 12 installments. The current year pre-authorized tax payment is based on the previous year actual taxes. All prior taxes must be paid for eligibility in the plan for the upcoming year.
- Cash, Cheque or Debit Card at the Town Office – Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Town Office is closed from 12 noon to 1:00 p.m. and closed on holidays.
- After office hours, you may drop your payment off in the drop-off box located at the main entrance door of the Town Office.
- Post-dated Cheques – may only be post-dated up to and including the due date. Please make cheques payable to: The Town of Wembley.
- Mail – must be post marked by Canada Post on or before the due date.
- Internet Banking – available at most banks. Please note that when setting up your payment via internet banking, your customer id number/account number is your roll number.
- Telephone Banking – available at most banks.
- Credit Cards are not accepted.
If you have a question regarding payment methods please contact our office during business hours at 780-766- 2269.