COUNCIL MINUTES - JULY 25, 2016
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF COUNCIL
of the Town of Wembley, in the Province of Alberta
held in the Wembley Municipal Office
this 25th day of July, 2016.
- 1. CALL-TO-ORDER Mayor Turnmire called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
CAO Lori Parker
Regrets: Councillor Robichaud
- 2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
MOTION # 2016-0156
Moved by Councillor Anaka that the agenda be adopted as presented. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
- 3. ADOPTION OF MINUTES
MOTION # 2016-0157
3.1 Moved by Councillor Johnson that the minutes of the regular meeting held June 27, 2016 be adopted as presented
- 4. DELEGATIONS
- 5. FINANCE
5.1 Accounts Payable
MOTION # 2016-0158
Moved by Councillor Johnson that the accounts payable, as identified in Schedule “A”, cheque number 20160647 to 2016077 in the amount of $524,655.39 be ratified. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
5.2 MOTION # 2016-0159
Moved by Councillor Anaka that the Revenue & Expense Statement and the Monthly Statement for the month of June 2016 be accepted as presented.
- 6. BY-LAWS
- 7. CAO REPORT
7.1 CAO Parker advised that she is working on various unsightly properties within the town.
- 8. OLD BUSINESS
9. 9. REPORTS
MOTION # 2016-0160
Moved by Councillor Jones that the following reports be accepted as information. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
9.1 Minutes of the Public Works/Water Committee meeting held on July 7, 2016.
- Mayor Turnmire advised that the public works yard cleanup is almost complete and that the new tin on the shop is a huge improvement.
- Cold storage shed overhead door was replaced due to a safety concern.
- Since the repair of the water main adjacent to the railroad tracks the water consumption has decreased.
- Next projects for town beautification to be discussed at the next Public Works meeting.
9.2 Minutes of the Wembley Fire Department meeting held on July 14, 2016.
9.3 Draft minutes of the Water North Coalition meeting held on June 23, 2016.
9.4 Minutes of the Grande Spirit Foundation Management Committee meeting held on May 26, 2016.
9.5 Notes from the South Peace Physician Attraction and Retention Committee meeting held on June 18, 2016.
9.6 Minutes from the Canada’s 150 Birthday Celebrations Committee meeting held on June 1, 2016.
- 10. CORRESPONDENCE
10.1 Email received from Alberta Municipal Affairs advising that meetings are being scheduled with Minister Larivee during the AUMA Convention. Meeting requests are to be submitted by Friday, August 19, 2016.
10.2 Amendment received from Alberta Environment and Parks authorizing the change of name from Ducks Unlimited Canada to the Town of Wembley for lake stabilization at SW 23-071-08-W6.
10.3 West County Community Foundation Golf Tournament will be held on August 19, 2016 at the Riverbend Golf Course.
10.4 The Amber Ball will be held on Friday, September 9, 2016 at the Entrec Centre. Mayor Turnmire advised that any council members that request tickets for the ball and do not attend will be invoiced for the tickets.
- 11. NEW BUSINESS
- 12. COUNCIL REPORTS
- 13. ROUND TABLE
- Town BBQ at the Public Works Foreman’s home was fun.
- Inquired if internet could be obtained for the Community Hall.
Moved by Councillor Holler that internet be installed at the Community Hall.
- Town BBQ was a great night.
- Fire Firefighters Challenge is being held on August 20, 2016.
- Mayor Turnmire provided an update on the review of the Draft Recreation Master Plan. The County of Grande Prairie No. 1 and the City of Grande Prairie will be approving the plan first. Copies of the plan were forwarded to all council members by email.
- Mayor Turnmire provided the Community Futures Grande Prairie and Region performance results for 2015 – 2016.
- The Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum will be hosting a concert on July 30, 2016.
- Mayor Turnmire reviewed the Council Expense sheets with the members of Council. Meeting fees are not paid for attendance to activities such as grand openings, general public appearances, community events, retirement celebrations or other purely social events.
- 14. ADJOURNMENT
MOTION # 2016-0162
Moved by Councillor Holler that the meeting be adjourned at 7:55 p.m.