COUNCIL MINUTES - SEPT 25, 2017
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF COUNCIL of the Town of Wembley, in the Province of Alberta held in the Wembley Municipal Office this 25th day of September, 2017.
1. OATH OF OFFICE
All members of Council took the Oath of Office which was filed in the minute
2. CALL-TO- ORDER Mayor Turnmire called the meeting to order at 6:58 p.m.
- Councillor Gundersen
- Councillor McCallum
- Councillor Moncrieff
- Councillor Underwood
- Councillor McDonald
- CAO Lori Parker
- Administrative Assistant Tanya Lamouroux
- Late: Councillor Johnson (8:20 p.m.)
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
MOTION # 2017-0218
Moved by Councillor McCallum that the agenda be adopted with the deletion of delegation 5.2 – 7:45 p.m. – Wembley and District Arts Cultural and Heritage Society. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
4. ADOPTION OF MINUTES
4.1 Minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held on September 11, 2017
MOTION # 2017-0219
Moved by Councillor Underwood that the minutes of the regular meeting of Council held on September 11, 2017 be adopted as presented.
5.1 7:30 p.m. – Curtis Lamb
- Curtis Lamb appeared before Council regarding a complaint he has on the installation of a new sewer line done by Public Works from the Town’s main line onto his property for the placement of a new mobile home.
- Councillor McCallum advised Curtis Lamb that Council would like time to investigate the situation.
- Curtis Lamb agreed, thanked Council for their time and excused himself at 7:45p.m.
- Council agrees to take the following actions to work towards resolution:
- Hire a third party to camera the line.
- Meet with Public Works and receive statements, documentation and photographic evidence.
- Obtain quotes from other contractors outlining the scope of the job.
Moved by Councillor Moncrieff that the Town of Wembley hire a third party contractor to camera the sewer line on Curtis Lambs property.
6.1 Accounts Payable
MOTION # 2017-0221
Moved by Councillor McCallum that the accounts payable, as identified in Schedule “A”, cheque # 20170889 to cheque # 20170935 totaling $80,865.22 be ratified. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
8. CAO REPORT
8.1 Attended luncheon meeting with the Mayor on September 12 th with the Reeve and CAO of the County of Grande Prairie to discuss the ICF process.
8.2 Attended the GPREP Planning and Coordinating meeting held on September 14, 2017.
8.3 Attended the GPREP Hazard/Risk Assessment on September 15 th , 2017
9. OLD BUSINESS
9.1 Policy adoption
MOTION # 2017-0222
Moved by Councillor Moncrieff that the following policies be deleted: 01, 03, 04, 06, 08, 09, 11.07, 012, 013, 015, 018, 019, 20, 21, 22, 25, 28, 34, 35, 43, 51, 53, 55, 56, 57, 58, 67, 68, 69, 71, 74, 78, 83, 84, 85, 90, 95, 96, 98, 102, 103, 105, 106, 109, 110, 111, 113, 114, 115, 120, 121, 122, 123, 126, 128, 131, 132, 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 143, 144, 145, 146, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 154 and 155. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
MOTION # 2017-0223
Moved by Councillor Underwood that the following policies be adopted: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10, A11, A12, A13, A14, C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C9, C10, CH1, CH2, CH3, CH4, F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, HR1, HR2, HR3, HR4, HR5, HR6, HR7, P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, PW1, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5, PW6, PW7, PW8, PW9, PW10, PW11, PW12, PW13, PW15, PW16, PW17, WS 1, WS2, WS3, WS4, WS5, WS6, WS7 and WS8.
MOTION # 2017-0224
Moved by Councillor Moncrieff that the following reports be accepted as information: CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
10.1 Minutes of the FCSS Advisory Board meeting held on September 19, 2017.
10.2 Minutes of the GPREP Planning and Coordinating meeting held on September 14, 2017.
10.3 Minutes of the GPREP Management Committee meeting held on September 14, 2017.
- CAO Parker advised that she and Fire Chief Smith will be sitting on a board that will be over seeing a Mutual Aid Pilot Project where GPREP partners with Industry in obtaining contact information for all residents that reside within a municipality that is part of GPREP to create a data base in case of disaster.
10.4 Minutes of the Community Futures Grande Prairie and Region meeting held on July 18, 2017.
- Mayor Turnmire advised that he would like to have Holly Sorgen from Community Futures attend a Council meeting in the near future so as she can meet the new Council and present a clear understanding of Community Futures.
10.5 Minutes of the Peace Library System Board meeting held on September 16, 2017.
12. NEW BUSINESS
12.1 Intermunicipal Meeting – November 27, 2017 – Agenda Items
- CAO Parker explained for new Council the purpose of the Intermunicipal meetings and that the meetings are held twice a year, noting that the meetings are becoming too large with too many topics and representatives participating in the discussion for them to be productive.
- CAO Parker advised that she will be recommending that the format of the meeting be changed to one large meeting with everyone once per year and the second meeting being held with Mayors and CAO’s.
- CAO Parker will forward the AUMA website address to Council.
12.2 Organizational Meeting – October 10, 2017 at 6:45 p.m.
13. COUNCIL REPORT
13.1 Councillor Underwood advised that the Grand Opening for the playground at Sunset Park has been postponed until the spring due to weather delays.
14. ROUND TABLE
- Congratulations and welcome to Council, new and returning.
- Advised that she has been looking into an artesian grant that would support the making of a mural in Town.
- She will bring more details to the next meeting.
- Welcome to the new Councillors.
- Welcome to new Council.
- Advised that he will be participating in the Dare to Care program at Helen E Taylor.
- Stated he is happy, excited and nervous to be aboard.
MOTION # 2017-0225
Moved by Councillor McCallum that the meeting be adjourned at 8:20 p.m.