WATER/WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATOR
The Town of Wembley is currently recruiting for a Water/Wastewater Treatment Operator for Class II Water and Class II Wastewater.
The town’s water system consists of two green sand/reverse osmosis newterra water treatment plant containers, one water reservoir and pump house and three ground water wells. The wastewater system consists of three lift stations and an anaerobic lagoon treatment system.
This challenging position involves:
- shift work, and participation in the stand-by schedule
- performing facility operation and maintenance tasks related to process monitoring and optimization
- laboratory and field analysis
- reporting and detailed record keeping
- other duties as assigned (twenty-five percent of the assigned duties will be working with the Public Works Department, grass cutting/snow removal, etc)
The successful candidate will:
- be self-motivated, organized and safety conscious
- be able to work as part of a team or independently without direct supervision
- have a proven mechanical aptitude, good analytical and problem solving skills
- have a basic knowledge of mathematics, chemistry and biology
- have strong oral and written communication skills
- be computer literate (Microsoft word, e-mail, internet, etc.)
- have prior education/experience in the Water/Wastewater Treatment field
- have certification Level II or higher in water treatment and water distribution
- have certification Level II wastewater treatment and wastewater distribution
- have a valid Class five Drivers’ license
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Public Works Foreman.
The Town of Wembley offers a competitive salary package, based on a 40 hour work week, plus an excellent benefits package.
Send Resumes via mail, fax or email:
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Wembley
Wembley, AB. T0H 3S0
This competition is open until a suitable candidate is found. All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.