The Town of Wembley is seeking applications for a full time Finance Clerk. The Finance Clerk will be responsible for the Town’s accounting system.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that all accounting functions, payables, receivables and ledgers are processed accurately and on a timely basis
- Prepares and processes payroll
- Prepares year end working papers in connection with the year-end audit
- Prepares interim and annual operating budgets
- Prepares applications for various grants and reports on government grants to various agencies
- Maintenance of the Town’s assets and general accounting duties.
- Relief work at the front counter, telephone and other related duties.
- Sending out benefit provider sign-up packages
- Sign on and termination of the employees’ benefits
- Answering inquiries and filling in of forms for benefit claims
- Updating and balancing the benefits billings
- WCB year-end reporting
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting, Finance and/or Payroll Administration from a recognized institution or equivalent related work experience in municipal government setting
- Completion of or working towards Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) from the Canadian Payroll Association is considered an asset
- Strong skills in various Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Teams Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent computer/calculator keyboarding accuracy and speed
- Highly organized with a strong ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task
- Experience with MuniWare software would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- A fundamental understanding of FOIP Legislation and the MGA
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Valid driver’s license
CLOSING DATE: November 15, 2019
Please forward your resume in confidence to:
Town of Wembley
Wembley, AB. T0H 3S0
Attention: Noreen Zhang, CAO
We than all applicants for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.