|The Rural Renewal Stream offers eligible workers an opportunity to immigrate to our region with the formal support of the County, Sexsmith, and Wembley through a nomination process by the participating municipalities. The program will be used to attract and retain newcomers and support employers to fill vacancies. This will support workforce development by helping employers meet labour demands, expand the skilled workforce, and support community and economic growth.|
Employers that wish to fill job vacancies using the Rural Renewal Stream must meet a series of criteria and provide a genuine offer of employment.
Employers must be incorporated, or registered by or under, an act of the legislature of a province, territory, or the Parliament of Canada and operate within the municipal boundaries of the County, Sexsmith, or Wembley
Workplace offers or contracts must be signed by the employee and employer, and must provide:
- continuous, paid work within the County, Sexsmith, or Wembley
- full-time work, defined as a minimum of 30 hours per week, employment for 12 months or more, and wages and benefits that meet or exceed the lowest starting wage for your occupation across all industries in Alberta.
Job Opportunities must be available to Canadians first, at the same pay and working conditions. Under the AAIP, there are some ineligible occupations.
Employers must meet all eligibility criteria under the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program's Rural Renewal Stream prior to issuing an offer of employment. Please review the available information carefully.
A Labour Market Impact Assessment is not required, but demonstrated efforts to recruit locally, provincially, and nationally is required.
Employers are required to demonstrate knowledge of the responsibilities of welcoming newcomers and providing a warm and welcoming environment. A business looking to participate in the program must demonstrate that they have knowledge of the employer's responsibilities with respect to federal and provincial immigration laws and regulations.
The following are resources that prospective employers are encouraged to review prior to recruiting:
A safe welcoming workplace creates an environment where all employees are valued and respected. Employers must provide a safe welcoming workplace. For more information on safe and welcoming workplaces visit alis.ca.
Business owners/managers that meet these criteria and would like to participate in the Rural Renewal Stream should contact Economic Development.
All employers will be required to submit a completed Employer Application Form.
Applicants that wish to participate in the program must meet a series of criteria, receive an authentic job offer from an eligible employer, get endorsed by The County, Sexsmith, or Wembley through the respective municipality and apply using the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program portal.
- Before applying for an employment opportunity, candidates are encouraged to review, understand, and ensure they meet all eligibility requirements under the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program.
- Once a candidate is confident, they meet the eligibility requirements, they may apply for employment with employers located within the County, Sexsmith, or Wembley. Applications must be made directly to the employer.
- Once you receive a job offer from an employer, your employer will present the job offer to the Economic Development Officer to be reviewed and recommended to receive endorsement.
- After receiving an Endorsement of Candidate letter the candidate can then submit their application through the AAIP Portal. The candidate will be notified by the Government of Alberta if they are eligible for nomination. At the time the application is submitted and at the time the AAIP assesses your application, you must intend to and be able to work, reside, and settle in the County, Sexsmith, or Wembley.
For more information on job opportunities under the AAIP program contact firstname.lastname@example.org