The City and County of Grande Prairie are following provincial guidelines on the use of non-medical face masks. Non-medical masks are encouraged to be worn on a voluntary basis when physical distancing of 2 metres is unattainable. Businesses may request customers to wear a non-medical mask in their business, at their discretion.
WHY MASK UP?
Albertans are encouraged to wear non-medical masks in public when physical distancing of 2 metres is unattainable at all times.
Masks should complement – not replace – other prevention measures. Continue physical distancing and good hand hygiene, and stay home when sick.
|WHEN TO USE A MASK||WHEN NOT TO USE A MASK|
|When 2 metres distance from people is unattainable for a prolonged period of time such as:|
- public transit and airplanes
- grocery stores and pharmacies
- hair salons and barbershops
- some retail stores
- If it is soiled or damaged in any way
- If it does not fit well
- If it has been used by another person
- Any children under 2 years of age
- Anyone that has trouble breathing
- When you are only with people from your own household
HOW TO USE A MASK
|WHAT TO DO||WHAT NOT TO DO|
- Wash or sanitize your hands:
- before putting it on
- before taking it off
- after taking it off
- Inspect the mask, holding it by the ties or loops. Discard if damaged or soiled.
- Tighten with ties or ear loops to reduce gaps.
- Keep nose, mouth and chin covered at all times.
- Remove if wet, torn or soiled and dispose in a lined garbage bin.
- Store cloth masks in a sealed bag until it can be washed in hot, soapy water.
- Do not touch your face under the mask.
- Don not touch the front of the mask – remove or adjust using the ties or ear loops.
- Do not wear it under your nose or on your chin.
- Do not wear a wet, torn or soiled mask.
- Do not wear the same mask for a long period of time – change when it becomes damp.
- Do not share with another person.