Grande Spirit Foundation
Contact them directly:
9505 102 Ave, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 7G9 (780) 532-2905 email@example.com
Information from their website:
Representing 11 municipalities and with over 100 dedicated staff, the Grande Spirit Foundation provides reasonably priced housing, quality care, and dignity to seniors and families.
The Grande Spirit Foundation was formed in 1960, although its roots go back to just after the Second World War. The municipal leaders of the region decided that a home for the Senior Citizens of the area was needed and in 1949 the first home was built.
Information regarding the TRAB program
Struggling to pay rent?
Get up to $350 a month in temporary relief.
If you are between jobs or having a hard time making ends meet, you may qualify
for Alberta’s Temporary Rent Assistance Benefit and get $100–$350 a month for
up to two years.
Need help with rent? If you are in a working household with low income or in between jobs, support is available.
The Temporary Rent Assistance Benefit is intended to help eligible tenants afford their rent while they stabilize or improve their situation.
If you think you might be eligible, here’s what you need to know:
🏡 the benefit is paid directly to tenants
🏡 it’s available in Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat and Red Deer
🏡 the amount is calculated based on household size and location
🏡 households are prioritized on a first-come, first-served basis
Learn more: https://findhousing.alberta.ca/
Contact Grande Spirit Foundation 780 532 3276 who may require this subsidy.
Application form: Grande Spirit Foundation Application - Family Housing
Temporary Rent Assistance Benefit
Rent support for Albertans with low- to moderate-income
Albertans who are between jobs or having a hard time making ends meet may qualify for the Temporary Rent Assistance Benefit.
- Available in Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Red Deer
- Assistance is provided on a first come, first served basis.
- Amount calculated based on household size and location (see Table 1); will be reduced in the second year.
- Two-year cap; eligibility is reassessed after the first year; households can reapply for rent assistance at the end of two years.
Table 1: Monthly benefit rates in the first year
*rates decrease in the second year
**see the full list on Open Alberta
Households are eligible if they:
- are below local income thresholds (see Table 2)
- are employed or have been employed in the last 24 months
- are not receiving social assistance, including:
- Income Support
- Learner Income Support
- Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
- Alberta Seniors Benefit
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
Household income thresholds
Table 2: Annual income thresholds
*see the full list on Open Alberta
Check your eligibility and connect with a housing provider near you to apply:
Alberta Supports Contact Centre:
- 1-877-644-9992 (toll free)
- 780-644-9992 (Edmonton)